Site domain is back up

If you’re reading this it means that the standyck.com domain is back. On Wednesday, my internet router gave up the ghost. I had noticed a bit of flakey-ness in it over the last few weeks and the wireless range was getting pretty bad. On Wednesday afternoon it just went out and wouldn’t turn back on.

I ordered a new router on Wednesday evening. I was pretty happy with the make and model I had but there was an updated version so I bought that one.

Life without the Internet was pretty rough. You really do get used to that ubiquitous signal. I spent a lot of time at local coffee shops with wifi but I have a lot of stuff on my network that I use every day so I didn’t do much.

On Friday afternoon, the replacement router arrived, but by unfortunate coincidence, a downed tree brought down the power in our neighborhood so I had to wait a couple more hours. Luckily it didn’t last too long and once the lights came back I went to work and swapped out the router. It turned out to be a lot quicker than I had expected.

It’s good to be back.

Glad you were able to get it fixed without too much distress.
Dad

1 Like