Trip to the Columbia River Gorge (with photos)

Spent some time down in Stevenson Washington this past weekend with some friends. Stevenson is on the Washington/Oregon border along the Columbia River. We stayed in a very nice placed called the Skamania Coves.

Multnomah Falls

We had plans to hike up Dog Mountain on Sunday but the weather looked a little iffy so instead we crossed the Bridge of the Gods and hike around Multnomah Falls. It’s a popular tourist destination you might have seen photos of it. Here are mine:

View from the bottom

Here’s that bridge from the photo above

You can see the scale here

You hike up to the top above the falls there and since this is the Cascades there are a lot more falls to see:

The threat of weather made for more dramatic views when they were available

Here’s a group photo from the top

##Punchbowl Falls
The next day, Laura and I did a short hike nearby to Punchbowl Falls. This is another popular hike and you see a lot of pictures of the falls.

That’s as close as I could get without getting wet

The trail goes much further beyond the falls but there was a bridge out just past them.

It looks bad there but you could’ve gone around pretty easily from where I took that picture. We did not do that though since we needed to drive back home.

Brewery Tour

There are lots of breweries in this area, this being a big beer making region. I tried to make my way to as many as I could. Here’s the evidence

I got 5 out of 10 stamps. I guess I’ll just have to go back to get the rest.

cc: @edkula, @laura, @laurie.wasson.hill, @masterhiker, @seattlenvj

I should point out also that I made the supreme sacrifice and skipped out on Linuxfest Northwest this year to go on this trip :astonished: :penguin: